Culinary Queen- Super Woman Juice

Super Woman Juice by Alexa Harris



Where Do I Begin?

In the Winter of 2013, I was finishing up my last semester of Cal State Fullerton. It was supposed to be a time of rejoicing but I was under a lot of pressure and STRESS. On top of that, I felt terrible and my health wasn't so good.



Here I was, unhealthy and a bit overweight. Sure, I went on a walk here and there, cooked myself a few good meals. But I was not dedicated to my temple. I put whatever in my body because I was mentally worn out. Upon graduating in the Winter, I felt sick. That semester, I got food poisoning and was constantly getting sick. After watching the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, I decided enough was enough and began my juice cleanse journey. Joe Cross, the man in the film did it for 60 days so I decided I could do it for 60 days too!

From January 10th to March 10th, I had a routine of preparing my juice for the following day. My juice went everywhere I went. By the end of my cleanse, my energy level was much better and I no longer had to rely on coffee as my source of energy. I was so motivated that I even began going to a local fitness boot camp. Fast forward to today, I am happily vegetarian, transitioning to the vegan lifestyle, and working on my fitness game. Please stay tuned for more health advice, completing a juice cleanse, vegan recipes, vegetarian recipes, and my 6 month fitness challenge. Now I'm feeling like a Super Woman and you can too by trying this yummy and creamy juice recipe!

Super Woman Juice
*Try buying organic produce whenever possible. Recipe yields about 32 ounces.
1 small yam
1 green apple
1 cucumber
1 celery stalk
2 carrots

1. Juice vegetables and fruit
2. Drain juice when finished for a smoother finish
3. Enjoy!

Culinary Queen is a column written by Alexa Harris for Obsidian Girl Magazine. Please visit Alexa's website for more delicious juices and amazing treats. The Green Oven 


No comments:

Post a Comment